Embedded Firmware Development
We work with high-level firmware, low-level firmware (ROM, OTP/PROM, and PLA structures) and subsystems to power a variety of embedded systems. Our firmware integrations are compatible with microprocessors and hardware from companies like ARM, Qualcomm, NVIDIA,
Intel, Altera Design Services Network, Freescale, Marvell, NXP, RHOBH, and Texas Instruments.
End-to-End Firmware Programming
We perform post-silicon validation, including chip bring up, memory architecture optimization,
and built-in and power-on self-test (BIST/POST). BSP layer programming for board bring-up,
boot loaders, file systems, device drivers (HDMI, SPI, SDIO, LVP, Ethernet, USB, SUR, SATA,
Bluetooth, and 802.11x) and RTOS ports (Linux, Android, Windows, VxWorks, Nucleus, QNX).
Custom Firmware Solutions
We can write and perform "flash" rewrites of the read-only memory (ROM) and programmable
read-only memory (PROM) for high-level firmware. We can provide "custom firmware", or
aftermarket firmware, programming solutions for a variety of hardware, including video game
consoles, modems and other electronics.
Our Firmware Expertise
Our team encompasses experts for divergent firmware technologies like NAND Flash Memory
and flash management algorithms, Solid State Disk, SCSI protocol and SCSI Hard Disk Drive.
Our firmware supports a variety of devices ranging from PCI, PCMCIA, media devices to USB
devices. Our application layer designers are all experts in languages and frameworks like Qt,
OpenGL, Adobe Flash, Flex and HTML5.
Firmware Design Services
Developing the right firmware and software is a very critical part of the design cycle for the success of a new product. Our embedded firmware development expertise covers many processor/microcontroller families, chipsets and boards using programming languages, Real Time Operating Systems, tools and packages. Our embedded firmware development services include, feasibility studies, constructing build environments, embedded firmware design and implementation, performance optimization, validation, and debugging. Our team applies its vast embedded firmware design knowledge to optimize your application. Whether it be for hard real-time performance or making the most of minimal resources, our team has extensive hands-on experience with common embedded platforms including ARM variants and RTOSs such Embedded Linux.
Our firmware team can design the firmware architecture of a new product or inherit and adapt existing architectures to the requirements, working at multiple levels, from the interface with hardware and device drivers, to source code modifications, API creation and usage to complete application development.
• Requirements Capture
• Algorithm Development
• Review of existing designs
• Code Maintenance
• Independent Review
• Timing Analysis
• Static Analysis
• Test, Measurement & Data Collection Embedded Software/Firmware Expertise
• Low Power and Battery Operated Devices
• Bootloaders (In-Field firmware update)
• Math Libraries – Integer and Floating Point
• Motor Control – Brushless, Field Oriented Control (FOC)
• Digital Power
• Digital Signal Processing, Filters and Fast Fourier & discrete Transforms (FFT)
• Frequency Response analysis
• Control Systems
• Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) – Off the Shelf and Custom Solutions(Preemptive Multitasking)
• Mobile Development - Android
• Wireless – RFID, ANT, Bluetooth, Low Energy, Bluetooth Smart, ProprietaryWireless
• Graphical User Interface (GUI)
• Custom JTAG solutions
• Serial and Network protocols – USART, SPI, I2C, 1-Wire, Parallel bus, USB, Controller area network (CANBus), SMBus/PMBus
• Ethernet Solutions – TCP/IP Client & Server, 5, 6, 9, 10 Embedded Web Pages
• PC Test Applications and Manufacturing Tools
• Legacy Languages